Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Right Move

"Which do you want first, the bad news or the good news?" asked Mom when Morgan got home from school.

"The bad, I guess." Morgan munched on an apple. She knew that when Mom played "Bad News/Good News" with her, the news was never terribly bad. "Dad's job transfer is to Dalton instead of to Briggs," said Mom. "Dalton?" moaned Morgan. "We already found a nice house in Briggs." She sighed. "What's the good news?" she asked. "Dalton isn't as far away as Briggs, so you and your friends here can get together more often," said Mom. "That's true," said Morgan, "but I still wish we didn't have to move at all."

She jumped up. "I'm going to check on Smokey and her kittens," she said as she left the room. Soon Morgan was back. "Mom, Smokey moved her kittens again," she said. "She put them back in my room -- under my bed. I wish I could keep them there." "I know, but that isn't a good place for them," said Mom. "It's too busy with you and your friends scooting in and out so often. The kittens are better off in the utility room." "Yeah, I guess so," agreed Morgan. "I'll move them back." When the kittens were moved, Morgan returned to the kitchen. "I shut the door to my room," she said, "so Smokey won't be able to move the kittens there again." "Good idea," said Mom. "Too bad we can't explain to Smokey that I have a good reason for shutting her out and that her babies are better off where we put them," said Morgan.

Mom nodded. "Just like us," she said. "We thought that right here was the best place for us to live. We expected to stay here a long time, but the Lord has apparently shut the door on that idea." "He must have a good reason, too. Right?" asked Morgan. "Right," agreed Mom. "I'm sure He has."

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you had disappointing changes in your plans? Sometimes change is hard to accept, but God wants only what's best for you. Trust Him even when things don't go the way you wish they would.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: (Jeremiah 29:11)
I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil.

No comments: